Morayfield East State School Parents and Citizen`s Association
All parents and community citizens are welcome to join the P&C.
Who makes up a P&C
EVERYONE - The P&C is made up of volunteers, people just like you – parents, caregivers, teachers and community minded people who what to help and be involved with their school. With new faces comes new ideas and new enthusiasm, everyone is welcome to come and join and be involved. To become a member of the P&C come along to one of our monthly meetings which are the third Monday of each month alternating 3.15pm or 6pm Keep an eye out in school newsletters and Facebook for meeting reminders.
What does the P&C do?
- Fundraise for school resources & facilities
- Manage school Tuckshop/Uniform shop
- Assist with school functions
- Liaise with Principal and Deputies on school policies and programs
- Some projects where funding/assistance was provided by Morayfield East State School P&C:
- Upgrades to playgroups
- Large fans for the school hall
- Whiteboards for classrooms
- New Readers
- Free hats for every Prep student each year
- Contributions to the Year 6 graduation
- Grants to regional and state sporting representatives
- Subsidising Student Leadership program at end of year
What are we raising money for in 2018?
In 2017 Morayfield East State School P&C decided to start raising funds for air-conditioners in our classrooms.
The Cool Our School project will be our biggest fundraising effort yet and will take a number of years to achieve air-conditioners in ALL classrooms. The plan is to break the project down into smaller stages so that we can start to see air-conditioners going into classrooms as soon as we have enough funds to complete one stage.
Fundraisers in 2018 which will contribute to our Cool Our School fund include, Bunnings Sausage Sizzle, Movie Night, Colour Run, Mothers & Fathers’ Day stalls, small change challenge and various raffles. There may be other fundraisers throughout the year that will also contribute and we will communicate this with everyone as they come up.
As well as fundraisers we are also seeking out grants and sponsorship or company donations that we can apply for to help boost our funds.
How can you help?
- Consider paying the Voluntary Contribution fee of $30 per child – this money has been reassigned to the Cool Our School Fund. Please call the office for more details.
- Do you know a company who would like to make a donation or sponsor one of our fundraising events or raffles? We are now endorsed as a deductible gift recipient (DGR) so any donations over $2 we can provide a taxable receipt for.
- Do you think you could help by sourcing out sponsorships or writing grant applications?
- When you see our flyers come home please have a read and consider how your family can contribute.
- Come join the P&C volunteer your time and contribute to ideas of how we can make the most of our fundraising efforts.
If you would like more information about becoming a P&C member or have any suggestions for future fundraising please do contact us on PandC@morayfieldeastss.eq.edu.au
If you would like to find out more about what P&C’s do and what the above roles involve please visit www.pandcsqld.com.au