If you are in Grade 6 and you like to be organised, are responsible, enjoy helping others and learning new skills, then being a Library Leader might be just the job for you. Library Leaders hold a leadership position in our school and have set responsibilities in the library.
Expectations of a Library Leader:
• To be responsible for helping to keep the library a safe, welcoming place where people can come to work, read a book, play a game and be with friends
• To demonstrate excellent Library behaviours by modelling library rules
• To attend rostered duties. Library monitors are responsible for showing up at their scheduled time.
Library Leader jobs:
• Assist students using games – handing out, packing up, tidying games shelves at end of break
• Hand out colouring-in paper and assisting with colouring-in pack up at the end of break
• Help to keep the library space well presented - tidy book shelves – push in chairs, put lost hats in lost property box etc.
• Shelve books in correct locations
• Assist with library displays, library competitions and other activities.