If you are in Grade 6 and you like to be organised, are responsible, enjoy helping others and learning new skills, then being a Library Leader might be just the job for you. Library Leaders hold a leadership position in our school and have set responsibilities in the library.
Expectations of a Library Leader:
• To be responsible for helping to keep the library a safe, welcoming place where people can come to work, read a book, play a game, be with friends.
• To demonstrate excellent Library Monitor behaviours – modelling library rules
• To attend rostered duties. Library monitors are responsible for showing up at their scheduled time. If you are unable to show up for some reason you need to let the library staff know, except if you are at home sick.
Library Leader jobs:
• Assist students using games – handing out, packing up, tidying games shelves at end of break
• Hand out colouring-in paper and assisting with colouring-in pack up at the end of break
• Help to keep the library space well presented - tidy book shelves – push in chairs, put lost hats in lost property box etc.
• Shelve books in correct locations
• Assist with library displays, library competitions and other activities.